Oklahoma State Department Testing

The Oklahoma State Department of Education (OKSDE) mandates students across the state to take part in the Oklahoma State Testing Program (OSTP) each spring.

Testing includes: 

  • 3rd grade - English Language Arts, Math

  • 4th grade - English Language Arts, Math

  • 5th grade - English Language Arts, Math, Science

  • 6th grade - English Language Arts, Math

  • 7th grade - English Language Arts, Math

  • 8th grade - English Language Arts, Math, Science

  • 11th grade - ACT, State Science and History Assessment 

Final Reporting and Parent Portal Information

Final reports are posted to the Parent/Student Portal the fall after testing is complete. Families accessing their accounts for the first time will need to register with their student's STN and birthdate and an email address.

  • One student can be linked to three parent accounts.

  • One parent account can be linked to multiple students.

How Can I See My Child's Test Scores?

To access your child’s state testing scores, log in to the Oklahoma State Dept. of Education (OSDE) Parent/Student Testing Portal. To log in to the portal, families must have their student’s unique 10-digit State Testing Number), which is available through the Inola Public School Parent Portal or previous OSTP paper parent reports.

What do the student scoring categories mean?

Your student's score fits into one of four levels.  Students scoring: 

  • Advanced - may need enrichment opportunities to challenge them with material above grade level.  

  • Proficient - are on track and ready for the next grade or course.  

  • Basic - demonstrates foundational skills and abilities but is still working toward being on track.  

  • Below Basic - may need targeted support in developing skills and abilities to bring them to grade level.

Where can I find more information?

OSDE has made a parent toolkit available with webinars and other helpful resources to help you better understand the data.

If you have questions about your child’s scores or a particular school’s scores, please visit your child’s teacher, building counselor, or principal.